Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Day of Activities

Started the day by giving ourselves a little treat, and that is to sleep! After an additional 2 hours sleep, we are ready to start our day...

I bought some almonds from our nearby wet market recently and found that they are quite soft, abit chewy... so I decided to give them a roast with our small toaster (the type you toast bread with). For a trial, I took a handful and started roasting them. After a couple of minutes, my wife asked me.. you smell something burning? And I raised my eyebrows and thought to myself, "Oh shoot!". Well, the first batch was toasted a little too long and turn out alittle dark brown and crispy but still edible. So I took the remaining almonds and set the toaster to a lower temperature and give them all a good roast. Yum!



























Picture of second batch of almonds after toasting.
I tried with 190 degree celsius, for about 15 minutes. After eating some almonds, its time to bathe the dogs and wash Callum's clothes. Man, they are so small..




























Soon, its time for dinner. We decided to go Centerpoint as we are looking for some supplies for Callum from Mothercare. Had our dinner at the Orchard Point at a Japanese eatery, followed by coffee and cake at McCafe. After several of walking around, its time to go home. When we got home and put Callum down on our bed, he surprised us with this :



























He actually pull his foot to his mouth and wanted to suck on his toes!!! Quite cute actually.

Now its time for more sleep!

No comments: